How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply to the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (TAMS)
Complete the Online Application by December 9, 2018 (available July 31, 2018). Students interested in applying for the Music Track must apply by the Early Decision Deadline to warrant consideration.
Step 2: Submit TAMS Application Materials:
Specific requirements can be found here http://tams.unt.edu/admissions/music
- Standardized test scores
- Evaluations from your math, science, and English teachers, as well as your counselor or principal (4 total)
- Residency questionnaire
- Copies of your transcripts and report cards
Submit all documents to email@example.com. Applications are not complete until all of the above are received.
Step 3: Apply to the College of Music
Complete the College of Music application through Acceptd:
- Select 'Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science' as your Level in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Select 'TAMS Music Track' as your Area and Program
- After you begin the application, you will indicate your instrument/voice to which you are applying.
- You will be required to submit an audition video through Acceptd for consideration. Audition repertoire information can be found below*
- Submit the name and email address of your two references. These references should be able to speak to your musical abilities and talents (private instructor, high school director, professional musician, etc.).
*For classical audition requirements, refer to http://www.music.unt.edu/admissions/undergraduate-repertoire. For jazz audition requirements, refer to http://jazz.unt.edu/admission-auditions.
Selected applicants will be invited for interviews. On Interview Day, applicants take algebra tests and engage in conversational interviews to add depth and insight to applicant profiles. Additional information can be found on the TAMS website.