Audition and Interview Dates for 2022-23
Auditions will occur both in-person and virtually. Virtual auditions will occur on February 5th only. Please note the virtual auditions are reserved for applicants who reside more than 250 miles from Denton.
Specific details regarding the auditions will be sent following the submission of your completed application and initial review by our faculty.
UNT safety committees continue to review federal and state guidance and make recommendations for how we apply the rapidly evolving changes to our campus operations. The health and safety of our UNT community continues to be our top priority, and UNT leadership carefully reviews the latest advice from public health experts to adjust our plans accordingly. Please do not come to campus if you are feeling ill or have a fever. For additional information regarding COVID-19 updates, please visit https://healthalerts.unt.edu/.
UNT College of Music In-Person Auditions/Interviews - Denton, Texas:
- Saturday, January 29, 2022*
- Friday, February 4, 2022 (Graduate Ethnomusicology, Horn, Keyboard, Musicology, Music Education, Music Theory, Percussion, Strings, Trombone, Tuba, Voice, Woodwinds and DMA Jazz ONLY**)
- Friday, February 18, 2022 (Graduate Voice ONLY)
- Saturday, February 26, 2022*
UNT College of Music Virtual Auditions/Interviews:
Saturday, February 5, 2022 - Virtual audition date
Graduate Conducting Auditions - Denton, Texas:
- Choral Conducting - Monday, January 24, 2022
- Orchestral Conducting - March 6-7, 2022
- Wind Conducting - TBA
*Graduate Voice auditions are not available on this date
**This is the only date available for DMA Jazz and Graduate Ethnomusicology, Graduate Musicology, Graduate Music Education, Graduate Music Theory applicants