How to Apply
Step 1: Apply to the University of North Texas
Apply online through ApplyTexas or The Common Application. After you apply to UNT and pay the application fee, you will receive an email which includes an EUID and pin. This process may take several weeks. Follow the directions in that email to activate your EUID, then you may proceed to Step 2 to apply to the College of Music.
Admission to the College of Music is contingent upon admission to the University of North Texas.
Please refer to the UNT Admissions website for more information.
Step 2: Apply to the College of Music
Complete the College of Music application through Acceptd:
- Select 'Undergraduate Degrees' as your Level in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Select your Area (Brass, Jazz, Keyboard, Percussion, Strings, Voice, Woodwinds)
- Select your Program (this is the primary instrument or voice on which you will audition)
- After you begin the application, you will indicate your desired degree(s) – e.g., composition, jazz studies, music education, performance, theory, or the bachelor of arts.
This is your application for audition, admission, and music merit scholarships. The application will require you to submit names and email addresses of three people whom you wish to submit music recommendations on your behalf. Only complete applications can be submitted. The music application fee is $12.
FALL ADMISSION: To be considered for admission in the fall semester, preference will be given to applications received by the first Monday in December. Applications received after that date will be reviewed, and auditions will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis depending on space availability. ALL APPLICATIONS AND AUDITIONS, BOTH LIVE OR RECORDED, MUST BE COMPLETE ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2018.
SPRING ADMISSION is determined in mid-September of each year. Email email@example.com to inquire if your instrument/voice will accept spring applications. Applications for spring admission must be complete on or before November 1st.
Step 3: Complete the audition
Live audition dates are requested through the College of Music application. You will be notified via email of your assigned audition time.
While live auditions are preferred, we do accept high quality video auditions if you are unable to audition in person. Follow the instructions on the College of Music application to submit your video audition.
For classical audition requirements, refer to http://www.music.unt.edu/admissions/undergraduate-repertoire. For jazz audition requirements, refer to http://jazz.unt.edu/admission-auditions.
In addition to the audition, applicants in composition, music education and theory who audition on-campus, will participate in an interview with faculty. Instructions for arranging the interview will be included in the audition confirmation email you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are notified of admission results by email after the final on-campus audition date.
The National Association of Schools of Music Code of Ethics Article V. requires that the acceptance of financial aid or the signing of a declaration of intent to attend a given institution shall not be binding if signed before May 1, of the calendar year of matriculation into a program of study at the undergraduate level.
Other campus offices which you might need to contact:
- Housing (http://housing.unt.edu)
- Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Office (http://essc.unt.edu/finaid/index.htm)
- When you have been accepted by the University, UNT Admissions will send information about registering for an Orientation session.
Information about Degrees and Courses:
- Information about degrees offered at UNT, degree plans and course descriptions are found in the General Catalog.