Awards for Continuing Students
Current Music Major Award Renewal Process
Current music award recipients will no longer be asked to apply for renewal on the Acceptd platform, but will instead have their award renewal agreements sent directly by email based on the renewal recommendation of the faculty and a review of each student's eligibility. Award renewals are communicated by the end of May each year.
Please note – UNT music majors wishing to apply for a new program within the College of Music must complete a full application for the new program within the Acceptd platform.
Music Awards for Continuing Students
Music Majors not currently holding a music award - please contact your major professor/area coordinator to inquire about award opportunities and requirements, then follow the application instructions below.
- Access the College of Music application through the Acceptd platform
- Select “Current Music Major Award Application” as your Level, Area, and Program in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Fill out the applicant information on page one. Please use your official UNT email. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed
- If your area or major professor has requested additional materials such as an audition recording, teaching example, resume, etc., please upload the item(s) on page two, otherwise you may proceed to page three
- Please review your application to verify all information is correct, click “confirm” and then “submit” to finalize your application. You will receive an email at the email address you provided confirming your application has been submitted
Please note – UNT music majors wishing to apply for a new program within the College of Music must complete the full application for the new program on the Acceptd platform by selecting the appropriate Level, Area, and Program in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo.
Scholarship students who face circumstances (such as student teaching, graduation, internship, illness, etc.,) that prevent them from fulfilling the obligations of their awards (including laboratory enrollment and participation, applied lesson enrollment and progress, timely progress towards degree, exhaustion of eligibility, failure to meet GPA requirements, and procedural violations) and face the cancellation of their awards may file an appeal in order to retain their scholarships. Once the completed College of Music Appeal Form is received, it will be reviewed and recipients will be notified of the appeal decision.
Other Awards for Continuing Students
The College of Music encourages all current music students and prospective music students to complete the General Scholarship application prior to March 1 annually. This application can be found on the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships website listed below. UNT provides a number of other scholarship and grant opportunities as well. Please visit the sites linked below for more details.
- UNT Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Nicholas and Anna Ricco Ethics Awards Scholarship Competition
- UNT Writing Awards Competition
- International Texas Public Education Grant, Mexican Waiver, Good Neighbor Scholarship and International Education Scholarship
- Study Abroad Travel Grant and International Education Fee Scholarship
- Raupe Travel Grant
- Toulouse Graduate School Travel Grant
- UNT Student Affairs MSA Program