We are pleased to know of your interest in the College of Music at the University of North Texas, one of the nation’s finest comprehensive music schools. North Texas graduates are exceptionally accomplished, and are consistently competitive at the highest levels of their chosen professions.
Students in the College of Music have the opportunity to study with a highly acclaimed faculty of performers, composers, scholars and researchers, all of whom are dedicated to teaching a highly diverse student body that chooses to attend UNT, whether that teaching occurs in private lessons, large or small ensemble settings, or in the classroom. The University community and College of Music students also have access to internationally recognized guest artists such as conductors, composers, singers, jazz artists and scholars through residencies, master classes and lectures.
College of Music Tours
College of Music tours can be arranged by sending an email to email@example.com. You will hear a verbal presentation about application, audition, admission, and scholarships, then you will go on a walking tour of our facilities. There is much to hear and see. We hope you will take the tour. The group gathers in Chilton Hall 211.
Tours are not offered when classes are not in session. Though we offer tours during summer sessions, they are very limited in scope. There is no opportunity to hear an ensemble rehearsal or visit much of our facilities, because the building is busy with UNT orientation and summer music workshop activities.
Campus tours can be arranged on-line at http://tours.unt.edu/. Your campus tour should be scheduled around your College of Music tour.
College of Music Mailing Address
1155 Union Circle #311367
Denton, TX 76203-5017
College of Music Physical Address
415 Avenue C
Denton, TX 76201
College of Music Admissions Information:
University of North Texas Admissions Information:
Ensemble Audition Information
- Band and Orchestra Woodwinds and Brass
- Band and Orchestra Percussion
- All Orchestra Strings and Harp
- Lab Bands
- Academic Advising for Undergraduate Students
- Study Abroad and Exchanges in Music at UNT
- International Student Advising Liaison
- Graduate Music Degree Program
- Theory Proficiency Exam Expectations
Additional academic resources
- UNT Homepage
- General access computer labs
- EagleMail student email web site
- UNT's Residential Network
- Computing and Information Technology Center Helpdesk
- College of Music Recording Services
- College of Music Computer Lab
College of Music Division Websites
- Choral Conducting
- Music Education
- Music History, Theory and Ethnomusicology