The University of North Texas College of Music is one of the finest comprehensive music schools in the nation. Top music students from around the world come to pursue their passion for music in the College of Music, honing their skills in one of our many outstanding programs of study with the help of our faculty.
Whether you want to study historical performance with our early music faculty, compose new works using cutting edge technology in an internationally renowned center for computer music, improvise with some of the finest jazz faculty and students in the world, sing in award-winning opera productions with individualized training in movement, language, style, and character, or learn to blend musicianship and teaching skills to educate the next generation of music students, you can find your place at the College of Music.
Led by more than 100 full-time faculty members, the UNT College of Music offers a creative, challenging and collaborative environment to nurture your lifelong involvement with music.
A student-focused public research university, UNT is designated a best university by Forbes and is the largest, most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. With excellent academics and distinguished faculty, we are the green light to greatness for 36,000 students. We offer 98 bachelor’s, 82 master’s and 36 doctoral degree programs.
UNT College of Music offers:
- An enduring focus on innovation. We offer the nation’s first degree in Jazz Studies, live streaming of our performances and a Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia that’s one of the most recognized centers of its kind.
- A legacy of success, with accomplished alumni all over the world and educators at every level, including many Grammy nominees and winners.
- A thriving community of gifted musicians, with more music majors than any university in the country. Our students also are academically talented; we have more Honors College students and National Merit Scholars than any other college or school at UNT.
- The opportunity to learn through collaborations with other outstanding musicians in 50 student ensembles.
- Over 300 practice rooms, 7 performance halls and one of the nation’s largest music libraries.
“I was nervous when I auditioned at UNT, but the faculty and staff at the College of Music were exceptionally kind and encouraging. I could tell that they wanted me to do my best and that they were committed to creating an environment where I could succeed.”
Music Performance student