Prospective International Music Student:
환영합니다 Benvenuto Hoş geldiniz 歡迎光臨 welkom Willkommen אבה ךורב Bienvenue Benvenuti Добро пожаловать Fáilte Bem vindo Haere mai Bienvenido ようこそ Boa vinda Καλώς ορίσατε Serdecznie witamy Mabuhay Esiet sveicināti ยินดีต้อนรับ Selamat dating Válkommen Witamy أهلا و سهلا Heni odjen Fáilte
Applying to Music Degree Programs
Be sure to complete both applications.
Step 1: Apply to UNT
- Undergraduate - admissions.unt.edu/international/how-to-apply
- Graduate - tsgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissions/international-admissions
Step 2: Apply to the College of Music
- Apply for Undergraduate Degrees - Bachelor of Music (BM) and Bachelor of Arts (BA).
- Apply for Graduate Degrees and Artist Certificate (All Master's, Doctoral and Graduate Artist Certificate in Music Performance).
To be considered for admission in the fall semester, preference will be given to music applications received by the first Monday in December. Applications received after that date will be reviewed, and auditions will be scheduled on a case by case basis depending on space availability.
Step 3: Audition for Us
- All undergraduate applicants must perform an audition.
- You may audition live or by digital video recording. Follow the instructions on the College of Music on-line application to electronically submit a high quality recorded video audition by using www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com, or similar web service. If these websites are unavailable to you, try using www.tudou.com. Please note: screening recordings are required of all jazz guitar, jazz voice, piano performance, and voice applicants. These must be received by the first Monday in December for full consideration.
- View undergraduate degree audition repertoire.
- Auditions are required for all graduate performance applicants.
- You may audition live or by video recording. Live auditions are preferred. Follow the instructions on the College of Music on-line application to electronically submit a high quality recorded video audition by using www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com, or similar web service. If these websites are unavailable to you, try using www.tudou.com. Please note: screening recordings are required of all MM jazz guitar, MM jazz voice, DMA jazz, percussion, voice, and piano applicants. These must be received by the first Monday in December for full consideration.
- View graduate degree audition repertoire.
- All graduate applicants in conducting, composition, ethnomusicology music theory, musicology, music education please refer to our degree-specific graduate admissions requirements.
Applicants are notified via email of audition results after the final on-campus audition date.
In addition, F1 visa applicants will receive the I-20 letter from UNT International after acceptance to UNT and the College of Music has been determined. Some of those requirements are listed below. Complete detail is available at the UNT International website.
BE SURE TO SEND ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION TO UNT Undergraduate Admissions or Toulouse Graduate School. WE CANNOT PROCESS YOUR FINAL ADMISSION DECISION UNTIL YOUR UNT FILE IS COMPLETE. These required documents include:
Advice About English Proficiency
If English is not your primary language, plan to prove English Language Proficiency before you come to the College of Music.
UNT offers an excellent language institute for learning English, Intensive English Language Institute (IELI). Students who are enrolled in IELI cannot begin music degree studies until they complete the language program or prove English Language Proficiency. Read more about IELI.
We have a long and rich tradition of welcoming both undergraduate and graduate students from around the world. We are pleased to hear of your interest in our College of Music and look forward to you becoming part of the College of Music at the University of North Texas.
Still have questions?
Contact Music Advisor Becky King, Liaison for International Students - firstname.lastname@example.org