Through our Need-based Recording and Travel Fund, the College of Music provides support annually to music students with demonstrated financial need for their recording projects and travel. Awards are to be made to qualifying music students based on the merits of the recording project or travel, the potential impact of the activity on the student’s education and/or career, and the level of faculty support for the student and the activity.
The fund stipulates the following eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate eligibility for need-based financial assistance as determined by completion of the current applicable aid application, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) or the Texas Public Education Grant Application for International Students (TPEG-I);
- Enroll as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in any degree-seeking program in the College of Music at the University of North Texas or meet the qualifications for a full-time enrollment exception (ABD doctoral students, MUED student teaching);
- Provide confirming documentation of research presentation or participation in an approved creative performance activity requiring travel, or confirming documentation of recording assistance needed to apply to juried competitions or other approved performance activities;
- Provide a detailed budget for recording project or travel.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in student's specialty area attesting to the student's musical abilities
- Submit a letter of appreciation within seven (7) days of the return from the trip or completion of the recording that provides details about the trip or recording and its potential impact on the student’s education and/or career. The letter is to be forwarded by the scholarship office to the anonymous donor.
Application Opens October 1
Students meeting the requirements of this award may apply through this website once the application is open. Demonstrated financial need, as defined in the requirements above, is verified prior to the consideration of any submitted proposal. Students may also be considered for College of Music travel funding that is not need-based through the College of Music Student Travel and Funding website.