Music Awards for Continuing Students
Music majors not currently holding a music award - please contact your major professor/area coordinator to inquire about award opportunities and requirements, then follow the application instructions below.
To renew your award(s), please follow the instructions below.
Current Music Major Award Application Process:
- Access the College of Music application through Acceptd
- Select “Current Music Major Award Application” as your Level, Area, and Program in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo
- Fill out the applicant information on page one. Please use your official UNT email. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed
- If your area or major professor has requested additional materials such as an audition recording, teaching example, resume, etc., please upload the item(s) on page two, otherwise you may proceed to page three
- Please review your application to verify all information is correct, click “confirm” and then “submit” to finalize your application. You will receive an email at the email address you provided confirming your application has been submitted
Please note – UNT music majors wishing to apply for a new program within the College of Music must complete the full application for the new program by selecting the appropriate Level, Area, and Program in the Start an Application box beneath the UNT logo.
Scholarship students who face circumstances (such as student teaching, graduation, internship, illness, etc.,) that prevent them from fulfilling the obligations of their awards (including laboratory enrollment and participation, applied lesson enrollment and progress, timely progress towards degree, exhaustion of eligibility, failure to meet GPA requirements, and procedural violations) and face the cancellation of their awards may file an appeal in order to retain their scholarships. Once the completed College of Music Appeal Form is received, it will be reviewed and recipients will be notified of the appeal decision.
Other Awards for Continuing Students
The College of Music encourages all current music students and prospective music students to complete the General Scholarship application prior to March 1 annually. This application can be found on the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships website listed below.
- UNT Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Nicholas and Anna Ricco Ethics Awards Scholarship Competition 2018
- UNT Writing Awards Competition
- International Texas Public Education Grant, Mexican Waiver, Good Neighbor Scholarship and International Education Scholarship
- Study Abroad Travel Grant and International Education Fee Scholarship
- College of Music Need-based Recording and Travel Funding
- Raupe Travel Grant
- Toulouse Graduate School Travel Grant
- UNT Student Affairs MSA Program