Welcome to the website of Joseph Klein — composer, Distinguished Teaching Professor, and Chair of the Division of Composition Studies at the University of North Texas College of Music. Please select a destination from the Main Menu at the left.
28 January 2014 marks the official release date of Improbable Encounters (innova 873), a two-disc (CD/DVD) collection of works by Joseph Klein.
- 22 April 2014: performance of Der Demutsahne by guitarist Michael Morey on a guest artist recital at Texas Christian University (Fort Worth, TX).
- 29 April 2014, 7:30 pm: performance of Interstices, for flute, saxophone, and percussion by Kristan and Greg Dewhirst at Tarrant County College Southeast (Arlington, TX).
- 21 March 2014: premiere performance of Interstices, for flute, saxophone, and percussion by Kristan Dewhirst, Greg Dewhirst, and Peter Ferry at the 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Conference; Smith Recital Hall, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, IL).
- 18 March 2014: Faculty recital — works by Joseph Klein, featuring three premieres (Der Hinterbringer, for solo piccolo; Pathways: Revolution, for solo percussion and chamber orchestra; and An Unaware Cosmos, for mixed chamber ensembles) and performances by Christopher Deane, Elizabeth McNutt, Kyle Stec, Susan Dubois, Steven Harlos, and Steven Morscheck; University of North Texas Voertman Concert Hall (Denton, TX).
- 3 November 2013: Performance of Lament, for string orchestra, by the Lewisville Lake Symphony (Adron Ming, director); MCL Grand Theater (Lewisville, TX).
- 1 November 2013: Performance of Lament, in a transcription for historical instruments by Paul Leenhouts, at the University of North Texas Voertman Concert Hall (Denton, TX).
- 19 October 2013: Performance of Cornell Set at the 34th Annual Bowling Green State University New Music Festival; Bryan Recital Hall, BGSU (Bowling Green, OH).
- 5 October 2013: Performance of Die Brücke (from Zwei Parabeln nach Franz Kafka) at the CEMIcircles Festival (50th Anniversary of the Center for Experimental Music & Intermedia); University of North Texas Voertman Hall (Denton, TX).
- 22 April 2013: Performance of Der Demutsahne at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).
- 20 October 2012: Performance of Cornell Set at Living Arts' OK Electric Festival (307 E. Brady St., Tulsa OK).
- 26 May 2012: Performance of Cornell Set, Die Tischtuchtolle, and Der Demutsahne at Sichuan Conservatory of Music (Chengdu, China).
- 23 April 2012: Performance of Parallaxes at University of North Texas (Denton, TX).
- 1 March 2012: Performance of Cornell Set at Connecticut College (New London, CT) for the 13th Biennial Arts and Technology Symposium
- 31 October 2011: Performance of 3 Haiku, on IRAMA program at the University of North Texas Merrill Ellis Intermedia Theater.
- 3 October 2011: Performance of Cornell Set (four poems with computer music), on CEMI Centerpieces program at the University of North Texas Merrill Ellis Intermedia Theater.
- 16 September 2011: Performance of Die Tischtuchtolle by Felix Olschofka (violin), on a faculty recital at the University of North Texas Voertman Hall.
- 18 May 2011: Performance of Der Ohrenzeuge by Lisa Bost-Sandberg (bass flute), on guest recital at Lawrence University Conservatory of Music (Appleton, WI).
- 25 April 2011: Performance of Der Ohrenzeuge by Lisa Bost-Sandberg (bass flute), on Spectrum program (University of North Texas Recital Hall).
- 13-15 April 2011: Residency at Cornell University Department of English, including premiere performance of Cornell Set, an electroacoustic setting of four poems by MFA students in the Creative Writing Program, and Three Poems from Felt with poet Alice Fulton (15 April 2011 at 7:00 pm, McGraw Hall 165, Cornell University).
- 7 March 2011: Performances of Die Königskünderin by John Holt (trumpet) and Der Leidverweser by Kathleen Reynolds (contrabassoon), on Spectrum program (University of North Texas Recital Hall).
- 6 March 2011: House Salon program sponsored by Voices of Change at the home of Drs. Donald and Ellen Seldin (Dallas, TX), featuring five solo works based on character studies of Elias Canetti. Performers include Maria Schleuning (violin), John Holt (trumpet), Lisa Bost-Sandberg (bass flute), Kathleen Reynolds (contrabassoon), and Christopher Deane (percussion).
- 9 February 2011: Performance of Leviathan for male voice, bass trombone, and intermedia, performed by Jeffrey Snider and Jeremiah Stones at the University of North Texas Voertman Hall.
- 22 January 2011: Performance of Der Leichenschleicher for solo contrabass by Adam Goodwin at the UC San Diego Sonic Diasporas Alumni Festival & Symposium (La Jolla, CA).
Please contact me at the e-mail address above if you are experiencing problems with any portion of this website. For maximum functionality, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari are recommended as your internet browser.