University of North Texas CLAR-Essentials Summer Clarinet Workshop
Thursday, June 13th through Saturday, June 15th, 2013
At the College of Music on the campus of the University of North Texas
Welcome to CLAR-Essentials, a three day summer workshop designed for advanced high school clarinetists and presented by University of North Texas clarinet faculty members John Scott, Kimberly Cole Luevano, Deborah Fabian, and Daryl Coad.
Planned activities include:
- Daily group warm up sessions.
- Daily technique classes devoted to improvement of fundamental skills.
- Clinic on Instrument care and repair taught by UNT’s Instrumental Technician, Ann MacMillan.
- Clinic on reed care and adjustment.
- Chamber music ensemble performance with daily coaching and preparation for the Workshop Finale Recital.
- Evening recitals presented by UNT faculty members.
- Workshop Finale Recital.
Participants may stay on campus for a minimal cost or commute on a daily basis. If commuting, participants may choose to purchase a meal band enabling them to eat lunch and dinner in the cafeteria for the duration of the workshop. Students staying in the dormitories on campus will be under supervision of chaperones at all times.
Registration forms and other information can be downloaded here: (PDF below)
- Registration form (required)
- Medical information and release form (required)
- Commuter meal form (if applicable and NOT staying in dorms.)
- Photo release form(required)
- CLAR-Essentials flyer
- Tentative 2013 workshop schedule-Coming soon
- UNT Campus Map
- General Information form
Additionally, in order to help us best place students into appropriate chamber music groups, we request that each applicant send a 10 minute recording best demonstrating their performance abilities and a one-page resume outlining musical accomplishments with their registration form.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 27th, 2013.
Early registration discount if registered by May 1st, 2013.
QUESTIONS? Contact Dr. Kimberly Cole Luevano, Professor of Clarinet, UNT